The time has come to maximize your oral health care before Halloween arrives. As long as you take good care of your teeth and gums with effective treatments and systems to this Halloween, you can make sure your risk for dental damage remains at a minimum. Here are some important tips to remember:
Healthy food choices
– Avoid unhealthy sweets and treats and instead, opt-in for healthy snacks such as crunchy and watery foods.
Double check your candy
– Double check any candy that you may have and remove products or sweets that may be hazardous to your oral health.
– Try to eat in short spurts as grazing over an extended period of time can increase your risk of tooth decay.
Oral hygiene routines
– Always make sure you are cleaning your teeth every day by brushing and flossing as well as washing out your mouth after eating.
– Offer your loved one’s incentives and rewards to exchange their candy for toys, money, or other incentives. In addition, make a plan in advance about what to do with leftover candy after Halloween has ended.
Visit the dentist
– Don’t spend all your time worrying about your health care by yourself. Our amazing team can help you with routine checkups and professional cleanings to ensure your smile shines.
If you require additional protection, and need to set up an appointment with Drs. Stephanie S. Karlin & Justin S. Petracek at Dakota Ridge Dental, please call us to at 303.933.2420, or stop by our office in Littleton, Colorado. We wish you a wonderfully spooktacular Halloween!