Today we would like to take a look at the benefits of dental bridges as a viable option for our patients in Littleton, Colorado who currently have gaps in their smiles due to missing teeth. Certainly, if you have lost a tooth or multiple teeth due to injury, decay, or trauma, you don’t have to live with the gaps left behind. Indeed, you likely won’t want to because gaps not only affect your smile’s appearance, but they affect your oral health too.
Today, our Dakota Ridge Dental team is pleased to share some benefits of dental bridges dealing with one or more missing teeth. To understand the benefits of a dental bridge, just look at how missing teeth can affect your smile with the following effects:
- You are at a greater risk for gum disease as well as tooth decay.
- Your remaining teeth will shift.
- Your appearance suffers as the gaps stand out.
- Your speech can be affected.
- Your bite can change, and if this happens, you are at greater risk for temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). This happens if the missing teeth are in the back of your mouth causing uneven pressure on your pearly whites.
To fill in the gaps missing teeth leave behind, depending on your situation and your needs, a fixed dental bridge is a viable option. You see, unlike removable dentures, dental bridges are affixed or cemented to the remaining teeth in your smile or onto dental implants. This means that your smile is once again afforded with stability and security when you speak and chew. With a dental bridge, you can enjoy meals and social interactions with renewed confidence.
If you are ready to do something about the gaps in your smile and would like to schedule a consultation with our dentists, please reach out to our Dakota Ridge Dental team in Littleton, Colorado today. Dr. Stephanie S. Karlin and Justin S. Petracek are excited to get you smiling again. Just call phone] today!