Are your teeth falling out due to old age? The constant wear and tear on your mouth from chewing and eating food can wear down your teeth and the joints in your jaw. However, that doesn’t mean your teeth will need to be replaced when you are older, as daily habits such as brushing and flossing can keep your teeth strong enough to last a lifetime.
Don’t let your teeth fall into disorder as you age. Keep in mind these important oral health tips:
– Your nerve endings in your teeth get smaller over time, making it tougher to spot cavities or tooth decay. For additional aid, always visit your dentist for your bi-annual professional cleanings and any oral checkups you may require.
– Your teeth may weaken as you age, making bad habits such as smoking or using drugs much more harmful to your teeth and gums.
– With your dentures, either partial or complete sets, always make sure to remove and clean them each day, either with a denture solution or plain water.
– Avoid foods that are hard to bite into, as your teeth are more vulnerable to cracking and chipping as you age.
– Remember to brush your teeth twice per day with a brush that has soft bristles. If brushing manually is too tough, try switching to an alternative dental tool such as an electric toothbrush.
– Remember to floss your teeth once per day with a shred-resistant floss. If flossing manually is too tough, try switching to an alternative interdental tool such as a water flosser.
Keeping your teeth clean includes keeping your teeth healthy as your age. To schedule your professional cleaning at Dakota Ridge Dental with Dr. Stephanie S. Karlin & Justin S. Petracek and our team at our dentist office in Littleton, Colorado, simply give us a call at 303.933.2420. We look forward to hearing from you!